Monday, November 1, 2010

Moral Dilemma

I have decided that in the incident of a fire in the Louvre, I would save Ada Artlover instead of the Mona Lisa painting. There are many different reasons of why I would save Ada instead. For one she is a human being, and the Mona Lisa is not. She has a family and lots of friends and would dearly be missed. There is not another one of her. Even though there is only one true Mona Lisa painting, there is many copy's of it so it wouldn't be as missed as a human life. Also I wouldn't be able to live with the fact that I left an innocent elderly lady in a building to die, it wouldn't be the right thing to do. With Ada being elderly and all, she would have alot of interesting story's and knowledge that could be useful to her children or grandchildren or friends some time. Just because she is old does not mean that her life is of any less value then someone who was 18. I think that if  the Mona Lisa was not rescued some people would definitely be upset about it, but would be glad to know that someone did not serve a horrible death. It just seems like the right thing to do to help an elderly human being rather then a painting, because I would want somebody to do the same for me if I was in that situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment