Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Journal Entry #1

"I began to give up on God. I felt he must have hated me. What other reason could there be for a life like mine?"

This quote in the book makes an abundance of things run through my mind. I could not even imagine how hard David's life is to live, feeling abandoned by everyone around you including God. The fact that he still continues to fight for survival in this living hell is astonishing. The amount of stress and mental, emotional, and physical damage that he faces is inhumane and is something that no one should go through. Its sad that an 11 year old boy is already losing hope and faith in his own life just because of how he is horribly treated. I think at one point in their lives many people have given up on God or have questioned their own life before just because of a lot of stress and emotion, but it would hardly compare to what it is that David was going through. I can sort of connect with what was just said there. There sure have been times where I have given up on everyone around me and just felt empty like I'm sure David once did. However, my depressing emotions soon faded away and I would be fine again. David's emotion stayed but he would pull him self out of the dumps and think of ways to overcome 'The Bitch' . This book has really opened my eyes to a bunch of things and has helped me see the world and everyday differently. When I think things are becoming unbearable, I just need to think of everything I have and how grateful I am for it because I could have things alot worse like some people do. The book "A Child Called 'IT' " is one that many people should read because in one way or another everyone can individually connect to, and it will open your eyes to child abuse and how to spot it and hopefully have the courage to help someone who is in that situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment