Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Top 3 Disney Movies

 Walt Disney has been making movies since 1937, and remakes of the old classics are still being produced. We've all seen many of the Disney movies when we were children - we grew up on their many fairy tales. To this day I still love watching Disney movies, but there are three that I think are the best. Those three movies are Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, and The Little Mermaid.  The criteria that I'm basing this on is the moral of the story, how fun and enjoyable the movie is, and how the characters draw you into the movie.

 Peter Pan, the movie about a boy and friends who never want to grow up, draws you into the movie with the characters because they can fly, live in a magical place, and all seem so happy. Knowing that they can fly and live in Neverland makes you wish and wonder what it would be like if you could do that too. The movie is quite fun and enjoyable as well. I think that's because of how witty some of the characters are and that they are so free living and fun. They also have romance in this movie which makes it also enjoyable for adults. This movie has an excellent moral of the story as well. 'Everybody has to grow up at one point, but that does not mean we need to give up our inner child.' This is something we can all take from this movie and apply it to our own lives. That is why I  think Peter Pan is number one out of the top three Disney movies.

  101 Dalmatians is a movie about a litter of puppy's trying to escape from the evil Cruella Devil. This movie draws you into it because its about a little,well big, family of dogs - and who doesn't love puppies?! All of the individual pups have their own name and own personality. When I watch this movie I usually connect to one of the puppies that has the same personality as me, just for fun. This movie is very enjoyable because  you never know whats going to happen next and you just want to know how the puppies make it out as one big family at the end. This is also a good family movie because it shows the benefits of working together. That's where the moral of this movie comes in. 'When you work together, you can accomplish and overcome any obstacle thrown at you'. This is a good message for children because it will help them remember that we all go through struggles and that we can overcome them. This is why I think 101 Dalmatians is second out of the top three Disney movies.

 The little mermaid is a movie about a mermaid who falls in love with a human, but her family doesn't approve. The way this movie draws you in is because its not in a setting of most classic disney movies, its underwater! Also, mermaids are made up things so its interesting to use your imagination with this movie. Not only is it underwater but the main character's friends aren't other mermaids, but a fish, a lobster, and a seagull. The little mermaid is a fun movie because it has lots of bubbly songs in it and also has quite a bit of humour in it when the mermaid has legs for the first time. Its also enoyable, for everyone aswell. Not only is it funny, but it has conflict and romance in it as well and it is interesting to see how she deals with the situatuons she is in. The moral of this movie is that 'Its okay not to be a follower, Dont be afraid to take risks and live your own life'.

Peter pan, 101 Dalmations, and The Little Mermaid are all amazing and enjoyable disney movies, and I think they are the best three out of the many, many disney movies every made, and ever will be made.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you explained the movies really well and what draws in people to like the movies. The little mermaid is also in my top 3 disney movies because it is really neat. I like how you laid out your blog. Disney movies was a good chocie to write about. :)

    ReplyDelete